Friday, September 7, 2007 - The Whole Day!

Bonjour! We are up and off to Arrondissement 5 and 6 to the center of town where all the sites and activities take place.

Back on the subway and across town we go I can't help but think how similiar some of these places look:


Okay, I know the beautiful part is coming soon!
Note to self: Is a refund possible...where is the consulate?

We exit the subway and I find myself on the Arc de Triomphe and the Champs Elysées! Ok, click, click, click. Next stop the American Embassy! I realize that this is the first time in my 50 years that I have entered an embassy. Hmmmm a new experience.


Well there is definately no photo taking inside the Embassy in fact they take that and your cell phone at the security desk (well we can't have folks snapping photos and calling for help if they are trying to ship you back home!) LOL.



As I look at the architecture I realize that we (Americans) like our stuff shiny, new and clean. Paris truly embraces it historic culture as seen by the many original buildings. Although one has to admit that old dirt is not a good thing.




Okay so today I won't bore you with a long drawn out story. We had lunch at Le Mimotavre a greek resturant where the salad was truly off the chart! They had this vegatable soup that was pureed, yea....first time for everything!


We hit a few of those shopping alley's (nope have not purchased any thing yet!) and I caught a glimpse of the resturant that my hubby seems to have purchased unbeknowst to me!



Please enjoy the photos I have uploaded to Flickr (it's just far too many to post here)but brace yourself for a lot of street shots.



Click here to see all the photos from today!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/y2kdiva/

Pam Henderson....see you got me all wound up with this digital camera stuff! Okay how many pictures of the street and buildings can one take before you become delirious!!! And in this town most of the building look alike so I just gave up on trying to add captions to the photos!

RECAP:
Went to the Louve, Embassy, saw the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame
Walked 8 miles around Paris!
Did a lot of window shopping
Saw some interesting art galleries.
Oh bought a phone (To my work family...if you have to(LOL)call me)06 4234 58 28.

I can only tell you that I returned to the hotel at about 5:00 PM and I never saw or heard a thing until Saturday morning.

Me and my Keds put in an honest day of exercise!






Comments

Popular Posts