The Knee Chronicles

Okay today was pretty decent,   I did get a chance to go outside and see the beauty of God’s creation. So I am trying to read my homework assignments for Sociology.  Yes I have online classes during my recovery period and it’s been quite amazing to read some of the assignments I have submitted under the influence of codeine (LOL.)  Yes this full time pain is tasking but I re-motivate myself by visualizing me riding that brand new bicycle Santa brought me last Christmas and being able to start walking 4 miles to boost my goal to lose weight and rid myself of Diabetes.  I laughed at the thought in my head that this pain is far more tortuous than childbirth. I know some may disagree, but wait until you have experienced both events and you’ll understand the comparison.

I am so thankful for my wonderful best friend and all my family and neighbors that have been so kind in dropping by meals and well wishes.  I live in a relatively new area and have been fortunate to meet some really nice people.  These past two weeks I have seen how community unity looks in 2009. 

And so another day ends, I begin my nightly routine, read while listening to the “Spa” channel on SIRIUS, gulp down those two pain relievers so I can get at least 3 hours of sleep before the 4:00 AM pain session begins.  It feels odd not having been to church for the past three Sundays but thank goodness for Itunes which has some great Podcast from my favorites inspirational leaders like Bishop T.D. Jake, Joyce Meyers, Creflo Dollar and Greg Laurie. I love God and the life that he has given me even during the hard, bumpy parts of the journey, I can truly look back and see the growth and be grateful for the woman I am today.

Ciao!

Comments

Popular Posts