When Pain is a Blessing

I had this astounding thought while brushing my teeth.  Most of yesterday was another painful reminder of my recent knee surgery.  Bear with me as I doze off while writing this piece.  Yes, the very surgery that I prayed for three months ago.  You see like most of us, I asked for something and forgot to consider the accessories (smile,) As I end another day I realized that the something great that happened to me six days ago was the miracle I had repeatedly asked for over the past eight months.  At first it was the “God, can you heal my leg: prayer followed by the “God please give the doctor a solution to cure the pain in my leg.”  Next up was “God, please let them understand that I need a new knee”  all the way down the list of things that I wanted.  I had prayed for pain, not realizing it and that I should have easily prayed for and extra dose of patience and strength. 
Someone will see past my pain and look straight at a  beautiful blessing.  He has renewed my temple, reconstructing it for his good and will.  Surely I am happy to receive all that he is delivering.So it is off to sleep and I know that he will provide me with the rest that I need to sustain tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts