Wednesday, September 5, 2007


Okay well my day started at 3:30 (you know that was very painful for me) to get ready for the shuttle and on to the airport. Luckily there is not much beauty involved with preparing for a 12 hour flight (I can see George cringing...aggh she wore no make-up!)

So off we head to SFO and after the usual round of questions: Who packed your bag? Did you leave your bags in a strange area, blah, blah, blah then it's dead woman walking down to the hall of security shame.

TSA: Mame, can you please step through the detector.
Me: Sure no problem.
TSA: Mame, would you mind stepping to the side so we can inspect your hair?
Me: Call security!

Okay so after passing clearance we head off to find a fortified breakfast from yet another airport food court. My uncle ask why I am not excited yet. Mostly because we are still in the U.S. and I don't think my excitement will activate until it is actually time to hit the air towards Paris.

Did I mention that my uncle Rene' is an "interesting character"



I keep thinking that I packed too much but that fear is dissolved at check-in. My uncle says I packed too much but hey, just one of those contains make-up and shoes!

Ah here is the part I don't like...time to synchronize all of my clocks. First from LA to Chicago to Paris. Wow, that is a bit much, will my Timex withstand these timezones. Yes, of course it is a Timex and unlike me "it takes a licking and keeps on ticking."

Well there is the boarding call so it is time to head down the tunnel of cramped seats and gourmet microwave food and the library of books and magazines that I am carrying in my bag.

Note to husband: I accidentally took all the shopping catalogs with me....hmmm I think I can purchase stuff from 100,000 feet above.

Until tomorrow.....Bonne nuit!

Comments

Popular Posts