You live and you learn



Yes, that is what both my mother and grandmother used to always say and inevitable their comes a time when that very saying rings true.  During this downtime of disability for me I have come to appreciate some things that I have previously taken for granted.  Case in point:  cheap blankets!  It has never crossed my mind during the numerous times I purchased bed blankets or throws from Bed Bath and Beyond or other stores for that fact, the significance in getting a quality blanket.  Not until this morning when I woke up looking like a red speckled bunny rabbit full of lint balls from head to toe.  It seems I had a severe boxing match with the nice red blanket I purchased a while back from Target.  It seemed like a good price at $10.00 and after all, it was for one of the spare bedrooms that would hardly see many guests.   Surely there must have been a warning on the label of the package that I did not see because that blanket likes to leave lots of itself on you! Normally this would not have been quite a dilemma but right now I can not step foot into a shower until this six-inch wound on the front of my knee heals. Therefore I spent most of the morning with the hairbrush, vacuum and several face towels trying to removed the 6,000 or so red lint balls from my hair and body.
So today was my first day outside of the house and I have to say I did pretty well.  George was kind enough to chauffeur me to my dentist appointment and I did quite well in getting around.  The leg is still tender and has a way to go but I can certainly see and feel the results of the therapy.  Okay, well I am ending Tuesday on a high note.  Peace to all!

Comments

Popular Posts