Tuesday, September 4, 2007





Well the day started off fairly well. I finished my packing and shrunk it down to two bags. Just hope they don't exceed those crazy weight limits. Of course all my makeup weights about 45 pounds so that leaves about 5 pounds for clothes.
As I sat eating one of the gourmet sandwiches from the Airport sandwich bar I realized that I had not researched international roaming charges. This jolted my brain into realizing that I need to call Sprint. Well to my surprise I found out that Paris operates on a totally different network (why did I not call Aracely before I started my travel?) so I would need to lease a phone that works in Paris. Of course the Sprint representative rolled out of her chair with laughter when I replied that I was leaving the next day, getting a phone by tomorrow would not be an option! But to save day I found out that I can purchase a pay-as-you-go phone that will let me stay in contact with my dear husband. I miss you George!

Tonight I had my favorite dinner in San Francisco with my Uncle.....SUSHI.

He's still packing but he's traveled this journey many times so he is not suffering any anguish about what to bring.

Fatigue is taking over and I am headed to bed in excitement of the 5:00 AM shuttle pickup/ride to the Airport.

Well tomorrows adventure details renting a car, international style. Note to self…spend some time learning to convert from US dollars to Euro!


jusqu'à demain Au revoir

Comments

Popular Posts