Sunday, September 9 2007



Il Rousse is a very simple and uncomplicated city. The markets are closed on Sunday and the time goes by so slow that it is almost painful. We head down to town where there is a small farmer’s market. I purchase some fruit, bread, cheese, olives and sausage. I laugh at the thought that this is basically all that I will be eating over the next few days. Just as I had given up all hope, we had down another street and stop and enter a building where out in the front a small oven has roasted whole chickens (ala Bastia KFC?) At this point I again ask myself: “Why am I on this journey?”

Next we head off to the mountains where we will stay for the duration of our trip. As we are leaving they are explaining to me in French that there is no cell service in the mountains but that some people do have Internet access. However the house where we are staying has neither. I did not quite understand what they were saying until just as we pulled up in the driveway of the village.
NOTE TO SELF: Next time learn some French. Okay folks well no daily blogs until I came back down to the village!
Au Revoir!

Comments

Popular Posts