Thursday, September 6, 2007 - Day











Well if you want a nice clean room while you are in the Paris area then Hotel Ibis is a good choice. The rooms are simple and practical and best of all...there is a bathroom inside the room!

The staff here is very nice and extremely patient, especially when my first request is "where is the wireless and how do I get a phone?" When in reality I should have asked" "where is the shower?" It is very hot and somewhat humid here in Paris. Not the kind of weather I expected, but then again I really did not know what to expect.

Yes, this is the infamous bathroom. (okay so I am lame and posting pictures of the hotel bathroom but hey...it's my vacation!)I am told that some hotels have a shared toilet in the hallways as opposed to one in each room. Small but efficient!









Well now it is off to the Police department to file a report.
The police department turns out to be about five blocks away (translation = walking, cardio...oxygen in that order please.) They are friendly and ready to help. As officers arrive for work they greet the receptionist with a kiss to both cheeks and a big bonjour! Just watching them makes you wonder if they are all having one big affair but you soon realize that is just how they greet.



While Rene chats with an officer about his incident, I head over to the Post Office out of curiosity to see how much it resembles what we call a post office. Yep, same thing as at home, confused, disgruntled postal employees too pissed to help you out!


Me: Pardon….uh how do I purchase stamps
Clerk: faites vous parlez le français
Me: Je parle l'anglais
Clerk: then you must wait!

DAMMMMMM!


Of course there is a wait at the PD but once we are inside and in the report booth it is not as painful as what I perceived would be a evening long adventure. Finally we get the report completed and leave with it in hand.

On the way back I see many interesting shops and stores. Yes some nail and hair salons. Speaking of hair!!! Note to self: Burn every beauty supply store at home that sells human hair package as synthetic hair!

Note to Elisha: The next time I come up with a bright hair idea that involves a curly weave, slap me and slap me hard!

Now a some of you will not understand that last quote but take a look at the picture of me from on departure day and then fast forward to day 3 (Saturday)you'll see the difference. Now for those who know: I feel like an expanding sponge that went WRONG, or Bozo the clown minus the red coloring. "Pardon...eh scissors?"


Okay back to the hotel to rest....!

Comments

Popular Posts