Marvelous Monday

Today was my first full day out and about, and I do mean an entire day.  Since life does not stop when you are recovering, I had to get up and get some real-world activities completed.  My dear Husband/Nurse/Chef/Driver took me all over town to do some banking, light shopping, and some car repairs.  Yes, I was pretty tired when we returned home, but I really feel like I gave the knee a good workout.  Oddly it was not as sore or stiff as I anticipated by the time I hit my resting spot this evening. I sincerely thank God for today’s strength.  So I am ending another day and hope that I don’t have that 4 AM pain wake up call, but we’ll see.
So today, I became an expert at using those little mobile carts they have in stores.  It’s funny how before my knee problems, I would see those carts and the people using them and never gave it a second thought.  My adventure today really exposed me to what handicapped people must deal with.  The motorized cart at Wal-Mart really worked great and was powered up when I entered the store and had enough battery life for my entire 40-minute shopping trip.  Then I headed over to Target, where I selected one of their carts and had to have George push me to the cashier line after using the cart for about a good 10 minutes.  Wow, imagine being in a mobile cart loaded with items in your basket, and it dies on you in aisle 16 in the back of the store!  Do you call AAA? Or pray and hope that a sales associate makes their way down the aisle to rescue you.  This was like the second time this happened to me at Target.  The first time I used a cart was before my surgery when my young cousin David decided that I need to know how to operate them since my surgery was coming soon.  Well, he did an excellent job of showing me how to use the steering tools and so forth, but he too had to push me to the cashier because the store policy is that the only people who can use the carts are adults and those who of course is handicapped.  I think it might be time to mention to the Target store manager about getting some carts that have a battery life that can support at least a 45-minute shopping trip.  Oh well, I guess you learn something new every day.  
Good night all and have a blessed evening!

Comments

Popular Posts