On The Road To Recovery


Well, here I am again....recovering from another surgery. The last time I blogged, I believe I was recovering from podiatry surgery. Well, I have taken a big leap, and this time underwent a Total Knee Replacement surgery. Last Friday was a "cut and sew" day, and I came home on Monday to begin the journey of getting my new knee to full functioning capability! Up until yesterday, I had no idea the intensity of pain I would endure. Well, after the assessment interview with my physical therapist, I have discovered firsthand the meaning of self-inflicted torture.


Yes, any Diva pride or dignity I had shriveled up and melted away after the fifth ice pack. Did you know that it's not advisable to "chew" pain pills? So many lessons, so much pain just so I can rejoin the rat race of walking and work.

Well, here are some shots of the infamous knee and the infirmary know as Madison Medical Center where most of the employees literally sit around waiting to be called to help patients.
The fuzzy white creature believes this rest stop was created for his benefit, but after a few bumps on the noggin from a walker, he was able to comprehend that this was indeed the "torture chamber." ,

Love to all.......











Comments

Popular Posts