I Must Be Getting Old: When Wonder Woman hits the Fifties!

Let me start off by saying that the act of maturing is to be greatly desired. Why? Well, simply put, it means you earn the right to boast about the wisdom you've gained from jumping over all those "hurdles" life throws your way. Yes, turning fifty was indeed a great accomplishment. Now as I near the midway mark of my five-o series, my mind is in great shape, however, I cannot say the same for my body.

On an average day, I easily lose count of the number of aches, kinks, pulls and pain jolts that strike me throughout the day.  In light of the pain, the comical sense of it is that each time one occurs; I have mini-flashback to the days when I would re-organize my entire house in a single day. Sure enough, there were many Saturdays when I awoke, looked at the living room and decided that every piece of furniture needed to shift in a new direction. Wonder Woman, move the sofa with one hand while pushing the TV towards the wall with the left hand.

Other pain jolts take me to those days when I would work in the yard, construct a bookcase, and move garage "storage" boxes in a single blink. Nowhere in my brain did I consider that all of my Wonder Woman antics would eventually catch up and overpower my physical strength, so soon! So here I sit, surrounded by Ben-Gay, Arthritis formula Tylenol, Epson Salt and a host of Multi-vitamins, and an occasional “medicinal” shot of Tequila, hoping to restore some of my former "super-woman" powers.

Alas, I am just happing to feel the pain, because it reminds me that I am still alive!



Let me start off saying that the act of maturing is to be greatly desired.

Comments

Popular Posts