The Organic Diva

I am always grateful to those before me who labored in the fields day after day.  The same people who eventually were given the freedom to live their lives as they choose.  Then I say a prayer for their endeavors because if that form of slavery work still existed, surely I would not have made it beyond week two as an indentured slave. 
Working in my garden is an option, but because I expect a premium return, I have to invest in chores that include weeding, watering, feeding, and protecting.  While all of those tasks sound relatively simple, they are labor and time-intensive. Don’t get me wrong, I am not complaining.  I love being able to tend to the seeds I planted and watch them grow, see the leaves open up when the sunlight touches them in the morning and listening to the quiet hum as blooms sleep.  


The best part is taking off my Sloggers' and socks and looking down at the feet that survived! 
The magical aura of a garden does a lot of good for the soul and body.

Comments

Popular Posts